September 20, 2011

Toy Tool Bench - take 2!

This weekend just gone my nephew, Oskar, turned 4.
What do you get a 4 year old boy?? How about a bedside table re purposed into a toy tool bench! Remember HERE I had turned an old bedside table we had in our shed into a tool bench for Harris? well that bedside table was one in a set of two so Oskar's gift was all orgainsed - Yay!
To make this one a little different I decided to personalise it. I found the very helpful Dee of Basement Designs and asked if she could help me. Dee came up with a cool personalised 'Warning' decal for the peg board of the tool bench and even express mailed it to me as I left it rather late to get it all done (Thanks Dee). I quick splash of paint, the very cool decal, some hooks and toy tools and I was thrilled with how it all came together!



Needless to say Oskar thought it was AWESOME!
We spent the day together celebrating his day in style at Taronga zoo. We haven't been to the zoo for 2 years so my kiddies and their cousins had a blast!!


Milla is a total map lover so she was 'team leader' for the day sending us of in all kinds of directions to hunt down all the animals.





We watched the seal show, patted the farm animals in the kiddie section, talked to the giraffes and Harris, who wanted to see dinosaurs at the zoo, was satisfied with a few big lizards and some slithery snakes. It was a huge day and both kids were asleep in the car before we got out of the zoo car park!
Giggles

No comments: