August 9, 2011

5 sleeps till I take on the City 2 Surf!!

Sneakers are ready, my iPhone has been uploaded with music, I've sussed out the public transport theory for getting to the start line... now all we need to do is wait 5 more sleeps and the starting gun will go off for the 2011 City 2 Surf!!
I'm rather excited about this Sunday's race and I can't wait to cross the finish line with a smile on my face. if you didn't know already I am running the Sydney City 2 Surf for the first time ever all in aid of my step daughter Felicity and her full time Son-Rise Program for her Autism. I'll be thinking of Felicity's cheeky giggle throughout the race and especially while I take on Heart Break Hill to help keep me going but would love some extra motivating support in the form of sponsorship if you can.


There have been many many early morning runs, sore knees, blisters and puffed out lungs to train for this race but it's only a tiny effort in comparison to the challenges Felicity takes on head first with a smile on her face. The progress Felicity has made during her Son-Rise Program has been AMAZING and for these to continue I will enjoy every step I run on Sunday in an effort to raise more $$$ to help Felicity's program go further and further.


For the ways to sponsor me through donations please click HERE or to donate with your credit card or paypal account simply click on the yellow Donate button below and follow the easy instructions.







We aim to raise $5000 and so far are at $3213. It would be so cool to run on Sunday knowing we hit our target!!

Thanks so very, very much from me and my little family in advance xxx





Giggeleberry Creations Update:
Our kiddie free long weekend away break was amazing! Lots of great food & wine, staying up late, sleeping in, window shopping and generally relaxing! We arrived home late Sunday night and have heard wonderful stories from the kids about their weekend with Grandma & Papa Giggleberry (more on that in another post).
Giggleberry is back to business with most orders up to date and in the mail. All emails & Etsy conversation have been replied to and I thank you everyone for being patient and lovely while I got to everything after a few days off. xx

Giggles

1 comment:

Nikki said...

To the lovely Amy - what a wonderful thing you are doing - all the best for race day, I'll be thinking of you and I hope my support helps you in reaching your goal.
Nikki from WormFarms In Style