February 17, 2011

Soccer Party - Food & Drink.

1 & 1/2 wks till my little man's soccer party so I'm getting my head around what we'll all be eating. The 'normal' thing we do is a good old BBQ so I thought I might do something a little different this time - still simple, but with a bit of a fun twist!
All the food we'll serve will be given new names that I plan to write on these awesome 'Menu Cards' custom made by Cake Ink. To match the invite & theme.


On the menu (so far):
Meatballs - Meaty Soccer Balls
Chicken Wings - Left & Right Wingers
Chipolatas - Star Striker Sausages

Tomato sauce - Red Card Sauce
Mustard - Yellow Card Sauce

I'll also have a few little treats:
Cake Pops (still tossing up if I take on the challenge of making the soccer ball cake pops from my new Bakerella's Cake Pop book or not), popcorn served in THESE cups, Soccer ball foil wrapped chocolates from Sweet As and a few other goodies - oh and of course the cake!!

For kids drinks I have little bottles of water (even found ones with a green lid to match the green, black & white colour theme!!) but to make them even more awesome I bought these super fun Referee Shirt Drink Holders from Polka Dot Market - seriously, how cool are they?!? And the best part is they will double as party favors! Perfect!!


I spotted these plates, cups & serviettes from Spotlight ages ago that I couldn't walk past them. I also couldn't resist one of THESE 'grass look' plastic table covers.


I have been floating blog land for inspiration & ideas on how to pull this all together and hope it looks even half as fab as one of these soccer parties I found:





Giggles

4 comments:

Jane said...

We're a soccer family too - so I can't wait to see it all, Jane:)

testing 1 said...

I can't wait to see how your party turns out! Thanks for sharing our party

Brianna Storch said...

Found your post through a Pinterest photo. My son is turning 5 this year and we got a TON of soccer stuff from a party store closing sale. Like $100 worth of stuff for $20 cheap!!

I need to start brainstorming food/drink ideas that will be cut and related, and your post definitely helped.

Brianna Storch said...

Found your post through a Pinterest photo. My son is turning 5 this year and we got a TON of soccer stuff from a party store closing sale. Like $100 worth of stuff for $20 cheap!!

I need to start brainstorming food/drink ideas that will be cut and related, and your post definitely helped.